WDC evolved from the combined efforts of Women in Neuro-Oncology and the diversity task force of the clinical trials enrollment working group who acknowledged a critical unmet need in the neuro-oncology community to support each other within this dynamic and evolving sub-specialty. Within this subcommittee, strategies will be developed to support the diverse and evolving needs of our members. This committee is focused on promoting member engagement (led by co-chair Alyx Porter), research opportunities (led by co-chair Shawn Hervey-Jumper), and clinical care (led by co-chair Ugo Chukwueke). Innovative solutions to the dilemmas faced by our members will be implemented. The Women and diversity committee welcomes collaboration with other SNO committees and working groups.
To join the committee, indicate your interest by emailing any of the working group leaders.
You are encouraged to be part of a working group. Your expertise and investment are essential! If you are interested in participating in any of the working groups listed below, please contact the working group leader.
- Women in Neuro-Oncology is led by Dr Peters. The mission of this working group is to advance the careers of women in neuro-oncology. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mentorship and Networking is led by Dr. Porter. The mission of this working group is to Establish tools for connections and collaboration within neuro-oncology. Porter.Alyx@mayo.edu
- Abstract and Travel Scholarships is led by Dr. Hervey-Jumper. The mission of this workgroup is to secure funds and partner with the awards committee in the selection of women and underrepresented in medicine trainees for travel scholarships to the annual meeting. Shawn.Hervey-Jumper@ucsf.edu
- Metrics is led by Dr. Jackson. The mission of this working group is to establish surveys to and collect data regarding the unique needs of women and URM in neuro- oncology with a goal of developing solutions to help support our membership. Sadhana.Jackson@nih.gov
- Investigator diversity is led by Dr. Hervey-Jumper. The mission of this working group is to work with funding agencies to promote and advertise funding opportunities for minority investigators. Shawn.Hervey-Jumper@ucsf.edu
- Clinical trial enrollment is led by Dr. Chukwueke. The mission of this working group is to develop strategies to enhance minority enrollment in clinical trials. Ugonma_Chukwueke@DFCI.HARVARD.edu
- Neuro-Oncologic considerations in women and diverse populations is led by Dr. Gatson. The mission of this working group is to share and commission research focused on women's issues and minority health including annual meeting education sessions. Ngatson@geisinger.edu
- Community outreach is led by Dr. de la Fuente. This working group will organize community outreach lectures that coincides with the annual meeting. email@example.com