WDC evolved from the combined efforts of Women in Neuro-Oncology and the diversity task force of the clinical trials enrollment working group who acknowledged a critical unmet need in the neuro-oncology community to support each other within this dynamic and evolving sub-specialty. Within this subcommittee, strategies will be developed to support the diverse and evolving needs of our members. This committee is focused on promoting member engagement, research opportunities, and clinical care. Innovative solutions to the dilemmas faced by our members will be implemented. The Women and Diversity Committee welcomes collaboration with other SNO committees and working groups.
You are encouraged to be part of a working group. Your expertise and investment are essential! If you are interested in participating in any of the working groups listed below, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
SNO ANNUAL MEETING TOWN HALL: Eliminating Health Disparities in Neuro-Oncology
- Women in Neuro-Oncology - The mission of this working group is to advance the careers of women in neuro-oncology.
- Mentorship and Networking - The mission of this working group is to establish tools for connections and collaboration within neuro-oncology.
- Abstract and Travel Scholarships - The mission of this working group is to secure funds and partner with the awards committee in the selection of women and underrepresented in medicine (URM) trainees for travel scholarships to the annual meeting.
- Metrics - The mission of this working group is to establish surveys to and collect data regarding the unique needs of women and URM in neuro-oncology with a goal of developing solutions to help support our membership.
- Investigator diversity - The mission of this working group is to collaborate with funding agencies to promote and advertise funding opportunities for minority investigators.
- Clinical trial enrollment - The mission of this working group is to develop strategies to enhance minority enrollment in clinical trials.
- Neuro-Oncologic considerations in women and diverse populations - The mission of this working group is to share and commission research focused on women's issues and minority health including annual meeting education sessions.
- Community outreach - This working group will organize community outreach lectures that coincide with the annual meeting.
We are pleased to make available to all, the insightful presentations and important discussions that were part of the Eliminating Health Disparities in Neuro-Oncology Town Hall at the 2021 SNO Annual Meeting. Click here
Diversity Investigator Funding Opportunities & Resources
- Amos Minority Medical Faculty Development Program
- Diversity Supplement
- Exploratory Grant Award to Promote Workforce Diversity in Basic Science (R21 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- NIH Diversity in Extramural Programs
- Harvard Catalyst Program for Faculty Development and Diversity (PFDD) Inclusion Fellowship (clinical and/or translational research)
- Office for Diversity Inclusion and Community Partnership (DICP) Faculty Fellowship
- NIH Loan Repayment Programs
- AAN Transcends Program
- Maximizing Opportunities for Scientific and Academic Independent Careers (MOSAIC) Postdoctoral Career Transition Award to Promote Diversity
- Short-Term Research Education Program to Increase Diversity in Health-Related Research
- American Psychological Society (Porter physiology development fellowship)
- Ford Foundation Pre-doctorate fellowships
- BMS Foundation National Medical Fellowships to Increase Diversity in Clinical Trials
- National LGBT Cancer Network
- Diversity in Clinical Trials Career Development Program (BMSF DCTCDP)
- BMSF Clinical Investigator Pipeline Program (BMSF CIPP)