REQUEST FOR APPLICANTS
The Society for Neuro-Oncology (SNO) will be appointing a new Editor-in-Chief for its flagship journal, Neuro-Oncology. The new Editor-in-Chief will succeed Dr. Kenneth Aldape.
- An outstanding track record of investigations in neuro-oncology, with a strong record of publication.
- Substantial and recent experience in managing or conducting research of international quality.
- A demonstrated commitment to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- An excellent international network among leaders in the field.
- An excellent international network among researchers.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Strongly supportive of the Society’s mission to advance CNS cancer care and cure.
- Strong links with the Society.
- A member of the Society
A strong record of contributing to the review and editing of published material in Neuro-Oncology.
Top candidates will be contacted and asked to provide a detailed vision for the future development of the Journal and associated specific proposals for its operational development. Additionally, phone interviews with the Search Committee may be required. It is expected that the Search Committee will make a recommendation for the new Editor-in-Chief to the SNO Board of Directors in mid-February and that an announcement of the new Editor-in-Chief will be made at the beginning of March 2022.
To apply, please submit the following by January 19, 2022
- A letter of interest (maximum 1 page). This document should outline your suitability and vision for the position.
- A biosketch (maximum 5 pages).
- Contact details, including e-mail address, and telephone number.
for the full job description. Questions regarding the position may be directed to Dr. Tracy Batchelor, chair of the Editor-in-Chief Search Committee.
Please send your application materials by e-mail to: Dr. Tracy Batchelor, firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: Editor-in-Chief, Neuro-Oncology.