The Society for Neuro-Oncology’s Women and Diversity Committee is accepting applications for scholarships to attend the
2021 Scientific Meeting and Education Day
of the Society for Neuro-Oncology
November 18-21, 2021
Hynes Convention Center
Boston, MA, USA
Submission Deadline: June 11, 2021
Apply for Scholarship
The Society for Neuro-Oncology (SNO) will hold its 26th Annual Scientific Meeting and Education Day on November 18-21, 2021, at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston, Massachusetts.
Thanks to the generous support of Novocure, the SNO Women and Diversity Committee will award 10 scholarships to early career healthcare professionals (within 10 years of completing a terminal degree) who are underrepresented in medicine (URIM) and wish to further a career in neuro-oncology.
In order to be considered for one of the travel scholarships, the applicant must meet the following guidelines:
The total value of the scholarship is $2000.00,
- Be a permanent citizen of the United States or Canada,
- Could otherwise not attend without the benefit of a travel scholarship,
- Be in the early phase of their career,
- Is not the presenting author of an abstract being submitted to the SNO meeting, and
- Be an Under Represented in Medicine (URIM) professional (Black/African American, Latinx/Hispanic, Asian Pacific Islander, or Native American/Alaska Native.)
comprised of four complimentary nights accommodation (November 17-20, 2021) at one of the designated conference hotels, complimentary meeting registration, and a $750.00 stipend to offset the cost of travel and meals.
Applicants will be notified via email by July 11, 2021 if they have been selected for a scholarship.
Please download and return completed application by email to the attention of Angie Ames, firstname.lastname@example.org
. Questions? Please call 713 526-0269.