The 25th Annual Blood-Brain Barrier Consortium Meeting, organized by the OHSU BBB Program in collaboration with the International Brain-Barriers Society (IBBS) will be held March 7 - 8, 2019 at the Hilton Portland Downtown Hotel. This year's theme is "Celebrating a Quarter Century of Collaboration and Translational Research on the Blood-Brain Barrier".
The 2019 Meeting highlights include:
- Role of the BBB in Primary and Metastatic Brain Tumors
- Imaging and Characterization of the Neurovascular Unit
- The Role of Thiols in Otoprotection and Chemo Enhancement from the Test-tube to FDA Approval
- The Blood-Brain Barrier in Acute Care Settings
- Emerging Methodologies and Concepts around CNS Barriers Science
- Lunchtime Poster Session on March 7th and other poster viewings and networking opportunities
- Travel Scholarship Awards for selected graduate students, medical students, and junior researchers
- Informal discussions about multi-center clinical research protocols on neuro-imaging, primary CNS lymphoma, and emerging preclinical research
- Funding Opportunities Roundtable featuring representatives from the NIH, industry, Veterans Affairs, and other sources
- A Tribute to Dr. Dick Traystman
There are a small number of travel scholarships available for graduate students, medical students, and junior researchers. Apply NOW! The application deadline for these awards is January 25, 2019.
For more information regarding registration, travel award scholarships, and the most up-to-date scientific program, please visit: https://www.ohsu.edu/bbbmeeting
Questions? Contact Heather Leon at email@example.com