Benefits of Membership
The Society for Neuro-Oncology offers a wide range of resources for those involved in the research and/or treatment of patients with CNS malignancies. Current membership benefits include:
- Annual print and online subscription to SNO official journal, Neuro-Oncology
- Print and online access to the quarterly publication Neuro-Oncology Practice
- Free online access to current and back issues of Neuro-Oncology through HighWire Press
- A steeply discounted registration fee for the Society’s annual meeting, which attracts over 2000 neuro-oncology professionals and 900 abstracts of cutting-edge research each year
- An enhanced website, offering protected member services
- An “e-blast” list announcing conferences, new publications, position openings, and other educational and academic items of interest
- Annual subscription to the SNO Update, a semi-annual newsletter of interviews, updates and news shaping the neuro-oncology field.
Levels of membership in the Society for Neuro-Oncology
$275: Associate or Full membership in the Society for Neuro-Oncology for 2017 (includes print and online subscriptions to Neuro-Oncology and Neuro-Oncology Practice). Full membership requires doctorate-level degree and a demonstrated interest in and/or practice which includes neuro-oncology. Associate memberships are available for those without doctorate-level degrees, whose work involves neuro-oncology-related practice or research.
$75: Student/trainee membership in the Society for Neuro-Oncology for 2017 (includes print and online subscriptions to Neuro-Oncology and Neuro-Oncology Practice). Trainee memberships are available to those actively engaged in entry level scientific or clinical training (residency, fellowship, etc.) with a focus on CNS tumors and who do not hold faculty appointments. No individual shall remain a Trainee member for longer than five (5) years.
$125: Emeritus membership is available for members of SNO in good standing who are 65 years of age or older, or by special dispensation of the membership committee.
Dues are applied on a January-December calendar-year basis. Dues paid after August 31 of any year will be applied to the journal subscriptions for the following year (e.g., dues paid on Sept. 1, 2016 will be applied to a 2017 journal subscription). All other membership benefits are activated immediately, including the ability to register for the annual meeting at the reduced member rate.